Head of Sales and Marketing
AfriGIS is looking for a dynamic Head of Sales and Marketing to join our team.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 8+ years Senior Leadership experience in a high growth organisation, with at least 5+ years in a solution Sales environment.
- A tertiary degree in Marketing and/or Business Management and/or Business Administration, or related field.
- Exceptional sales and customer relationship management skills with in-depth knowledge of the market, including extensive industry contacts on executive and senior management levels.
- Extensive knowledge of marketing strategies, channels, and branding.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
The main roles and responsibilities:
- Accountable for the overall strategic development and tactical execution of the sales and marketing strategy across the organisation to generate revenue
- Compile and execute a measured sales and marketing plan that create 3-, 6-, 12- and 60-month revenue horizons
- Grow new revenue streams and sustain revenue growth
- Lead the company’s sales team to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained to meet all sales targets and that they carry out their responsibilities to the required standards
- Accountable for recruitment, management and directing the overall sales efforts relating to customer growth, revenue growth, and customer experience goals – both to achieve the in year-, and long-term strategic ambitions of the company
- Lead the company’s marketing team to ensure that a single, well-articulated positioning of the company is achieved and communicated in its target markets and segments
- Accountable for the company’s overall branding, marketing and corporate communication strategies in line with the company’s business development objectives and market characteristics and trends
- Accountable for the development of marketing collateral for marketing events and initiatives
- Gather and maintain market insights on marketing propositions of competitors and trends and ensure sharing of insights with the sales teams to directly influence the strategic direction of the company
- Provide leadership in identifying and developing new markets and customers to achieve business growth
- Collaborate across departments at an executive and operational level to meet business objectives
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations
- Capture information on the CRM and ensure it is up to date
- Prepare, implement, and compile data for the strategic sales plan, monthly reports, annual goals, sales and marketing budget, forecasts and other reports as directed/required
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent negotiator, confident, professional, highly influential and driven
- Have a passion for excellence
- Be positive, enthusiastic, and resilient
- Have strong analytical, organisational, and creative thinking skills
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Have knowledge of data analysis and report writing
- Have a keen grasp of industry issues and flexibility and adaptability to rapid environmental changes.