Intermediate Java Developer
AfriGIS is looking for an Intermediate Java Developer to join our team.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BSc Computer Science or related qualification.
- 3-5 Years of experience.
- Java 8+
- Maven 3
- Git (GitLab experience advantageous)
- Spring Boot
The following will be advantageous:
- PostgreSQL & PostGIS
- AWS experience
- GitLab CI
- Microservice architectures
- Docker Swarm
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with technical leads, following instructions and tasks.
- Responsible for new development, enhancements, and maintenance of application software.
- Follow technical standards to produce working source-code.
- Implement CI for building, testing and deployments.
- Break down deliverables into manageable chunks.
- Assist Junior Developers with tasks and snags.
- Identify candidates for components, both project- and organisation-wide.
- Keep abreast of technologies and trends.
- Communicate directly with peers, managers, and IT support.
- Participate in code reviews for consistent applications of standards, logic, and effective use of libraries.
- Ability to adapt to different coding standards, hosting environments and deployment strategies.
- Ability to relieve pressure off senior developers.
- Ability to identify own skill-shortages.
- Great communication skills.
- Methodical approach to problem solving and bug fixing.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to learn.