- AfriGIS subscribes to the following principles:
2.1. AfriGIS will only collect, disclose, collate and process and store (“use”) your personal information with your permission unless legally required to do so and will only use such information for the purpose for which it is required.
2.2. AfriGIS will disclose the purpose for which it uses, requests and stores your personal information. AfriGIS will also keep a record of that personal information and the purpose for which it was collected.
2.3. AfriGIS will not use your personal information for any purpose other than that disclosed to you.
- In particular, you agree that:
4.1. AfriGIS may collect your personal information including, without limitation, technical information related to your mobile phone such as your address, mobile phone number, name and information about the way you use the AfriGIS service, including but not limited to your purchase history.
4.2. AfriGIS may collect your name (first and last name), your address, email address and birthdate.
4.3. AfriGIS may use the collected personal information for commercial analysis and for marketing and market research purposes so that we can optimise our products and services, tailor our products and services to satisfy your requirements and customise our advertising and offers in order to satisfy your requirements.
4.4. AfriGIS may share the information collected about you with third parties in order to analyse and combine your personal information for the purposes of compiling a profile of users of the products and services and to furnish information regarding the products and services to you.
4.5. In order to make your use of the AfriGIS services and products as successful and pleasurable as possible, it is necessary for AfriGIS to determine precisely what your needs and requirements are. In order for AfriGIS to process your instructions or requests, and to ensure that AfriGIS meets your needs, AfriGIS may collect and analyse your personal information and combine all the information that it has about you to compile a profile of users in order to personalise and tailor services to meet specific needs of users.
- AfriGIS will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alterations. The information AfriGIS maintains concerning its users is stored in databases that have built in safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information.
- When you use the services provided by AfriGIS, you may be given an access number, user name, password and/or personal identification number (“PIN”). You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy and confidentiality of your user name, access card, password and/or personal identification number.
- You have the right to information pertaining to the personal data stored about you. You may request the correction of incorrect data. On request, AfriGIS is happy to inform you about the data stored about you at any time. If you wish to obtain information on your personal data and the use of such data or intend to correct the data, please contact:
AfriGIS (Pty) Limited
Rigel Park Block A,
446 Rigel Ave South,
- You have the right to cancel the permission granted to us to store your data and to request the deletion of the data stored at any time. We will then delete the personal data stored about you immediately. A deletion will always take place if the data is no longer required to satisfy the purpose associated with the storage or if the storage becomes prohibited for other statutory reasons.
- AfriGIS is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. AfriGIS uses a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access and use. As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our database nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while be transmitted to us. Any transmission is at your own risk. In the event that there is an interception of your personal information or unauthorised access or use of our database, we will not be liable or responsible for any result and misuse of your personal information.
- We have no control over the contents of third party sites or resources which are linked to this product and we accept no responsibility or liability for them or the privacy practices they use or for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of such products.