AfriGIS Address Breakfast 2018
AfriGIS hosted its 2018 Address Breakfast at The Saxon Hotel on Thursday, 25 October 2018.
The event focussed on addresses and sharing of ideas and insights in the context of accurate, verified addresses, specifically for South Africa, but also in the global setting.
Presentation topics and discussions included:
- Treatment of address data, verified to a physical location in terms of Regulatory, Land Management and Customer Value Management (CVM) requirements.
- Challenges in the context of addresses and how they are used in organisations, specifically in a geographically verified, standards compliant address context.
- Economic and business impacts for organisations; incentives vs penalties.
- Developments in South African and International Addressing Standards (SABS and ISO).
Prof Serena Coetzee, Head of Department at the Centre of Geoscience Information, University of Pretoria, delivered the keynote presentation on recent developments in Addressing Standards.
The panel discussion was facilitated by Viwe Mgedezi from the Gautrain Management Agency and included the following address consumers and experts:
- Kgomotso Sebakwane, FNB
- Granville Abrahams, IEC
- Serena Coetzee, University of Pretoria
- Magnus Rademeyer, AfriGIS
We believe that if we address the issue of addresses, the ripple effect will be felt across all other spheres in South Africa.
The day concluded with sharing of real-life examples from government and the industry. The audience had the opportunity to learn from and ask questions with regards to their unique address experiences from different perspectives within the world of addresses.
We believe that if we address the issue of addresses, the ripple effect will be felt across all other spheres in South Africa. It was a pleasure and privilege to engage with industry leaders and experts around the Global and South African Address context. We look forward to continued debate, closer industry interaction and solving the challenges together.